    (Yeah, I know, performance is what matters, but...)

    Thanks!

    HH

    Happy Hippo, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Hi,

    yes the Barton 2500+ is a good overclocker. At it's stock value it runs at
    about 1.83GHz (11x166) but with the right motherboard (nForce2) and the
    right memory (PC3200/DDR400+) you can overclock to 3200+ speeds (2.2GHz).
    In most examples you will need to up the vCore on the CPU from it's default
    value of 1.65v, this varies from chip to chip.
    --
    Wayne ][

    Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
    CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
    ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
    512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
    Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
    240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
    Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
    WinXP-PRO-SP1
    Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b

    Wayne Youngman, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Happy Hippo

    Spajky Guest

    Spajky, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Happy Hippo

    Happy Hippo Guest

    They're not so expensive. About 100 Euros or so. Eighty Euros for a
    ASUS motherbard, some memory, and you're set. Problem is also that
    they are hard to find here. I 've seen them for 30-40 Euros though.
    I agree the durons are cheaper, but ...
    I think I want the 200 MHz FSB.
    I had a 2 Celerons for more than 3 years (a 333 which did not do 500
    and a 600 I got to 900) and I think I want a 'real' CPU now ;)
    Don't tell me about the cache reactivation, since it might work but it
    also might not...

    HH

    Happy Hippo, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Happy Hippo

    BigBadger Guest

    If you get a good one there is no reason to stop at 2.2GHz...I'm running an
    XP2500+ right now at v2.5GHz

    BigBadger, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Happy Hippo

    Happy Hippo Guest

    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear ;)
    Now I have to decide if it's worth paying 100 Euros more to have intel
    inside or not ;)
    (Ok, it's not really the same, but the difference from a Xp 3200+ to a
    P4 3.2 isn't so big. I 've heard that the XP 3200+ compares more to
    the P4 3.0, but ...
    Hey, they even give you a sticker to put on your case...;)
    Whether if you want to play fanboy or not...

    HH

    Happy Hippo, Oct 9, 2003
  7. Happy Hippo

    ~misfit~ Guest

    What you cooling that sucker with?

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2003
  8. Happy Hippo

    BigBadger Guest

    It's air cooled....A Thermalright SLK900U with a ducted Delta 120EHE...keeps
    the temps down to 45C or less at full load even pumping over 2V though the
    cpu.

    BigBadger, Oct 11, 2003
  11. Happy Hippo

    ~misfit~ Guest

    OK, thanks for the reply.

    Damn, I need a new mobo. My Gigabyte GA-7DXE just doesn't give me many
    options for overclocking, FSB only. I'm saving up for an nForce2 board, not
    easy on a disablility allowance.

    ~misfit~, Oct 12, 2003