AMD-ATI "R700" GPU scheduled for Q1 2008

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Radeon350, Mar 25, 2007.

  1. Radeon350

    Radeon350 Guest

    http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=211&Itemid=1

    "R700 scheduled for Q1 2008

    ATI's next generation part codenamed R700 is scheduled for first
    quarter of 2008. ATI failed with every plan to make the R600 on market
    and still has to launch this part at some point in May.

    We don't know many details about R700 only that it will support
    DirectX 10.1 and Shader model 4. We know that the work in currently on
    the schedule and that this chip has to fight G100 chip from Nvidia.

    We hope it wont be that late as R600 was, for DAAMIT sake."

    If you think it's too soon to be talking about R700, think again--the
    R700 *and* R800 were both mentioned almost 3 years ago by Dave Orton
    http://tinyurl.com/3ad9kd

    Radeon350, Mar 25, 2007

  2. It seems strange to mention this in an NVIDIA newsgroup. Right now NVIDIA
    has about a six month lead in development and I'm sure they want to stay in
    that position.

    RR Johnson Jr., Mar 25, 2007

  3. Radeon350

    Augustus Guest

    Cross posted to multiple groups...much like the never ending gaming console
    x-posts these groups get.

    Augustus, Mar 25, 2007
  4. Radeon350

    Radeon350 Guest

    I don't know why it seems strange to you - there's plenty of NVIDIA
    stuff posted in the ATI newsgroup.

    Radeon350, Mar 25, 2007
  5. Radeon350

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    There're idiots everywhere ;-))

    Ed Forsythe, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Radeon350

    Bob Fry Guest

    Meaningless...a self-serving corporate announcement about a vaporware
    product's release a full year from now.

    Bob Fry, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Radeon350

    chrisv Guest

    Said the cross-posting, nym-shifting, AirRaid/Radeon350/whatever
    troll.

    chrisv, Mar 26, 2007