AMD claims next-gen Xbox will do Avatar quality graphics

Discussion in 'ATI' started by parallax-scroll, Jul 17, 2011.

  1. AMD: Xbox 720 graphics will look like Avatar
    Daniel Landis, Game News Examiner
    July 16, 2011

    Technology company AMD, who supplied the graphics hardware for the
    Xbox 360, claims that the next Xbox will be capable of the level of
    graphical detail seen in James Cameron's movie Avatar. Even on PC,
    that kind of technology just isn't here yet, but AMD claims the Xbox
    720 will launch with it.

    While AMD would not confirm they were actually working on the 360's
    successor, director of ISV relationships at AMD, Neal Robison, stated
    that gamers have a lot to excited about.

    Robison also mentioned that the A.I. and physics capabilities of the
    next-gen hardware will allow for every pedestrian in a game such as
    Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row to have a totally individual mentality,
    meaning when you shoot a gun or run someone over they don't all just
    do the same thing. There will be no more mob mentality, where
    everyone just screams and runs away; every NPC will actually be an
    individual character.

    Whoa.

    Source: August issue of OXM (U.S.)

    http://www.examiner.com/game-news-i...-graphics-will-look-like-avatar#ixzz1SMcwzkyy