AMD Dual core is better than Intels...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Jay B, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Jay B

    Jay B Guest

    I just read the story below from CNET and confirms what i've been hearing.
    I've tried to stay away from Intel dualcore processors, especially since
    I dont really notice a difference in performance, but Dell is making it
    much harder by converting a lot of their poroduct lines to dual core
    only, and charging a premium for it, which I dont feel is justified.
    I'm continuing to ignore dual core for the time being...

    If Dell doesnt clean up their act and bring back the higher end single
    core P4 systems for less money, their sales will slip even more since
    saavy users will be being AMD for the perofrmance systems.

    Here's the story I read...

    * * * * *
    AMD vs. Intel: That's gotta hurt
    By Rafe Needleman

    The latest workhorse PCs are powered by new dual-core CPUs. Both
    Intel and AMD make them. But if you're about to drop some cash on
    an Intel-powered dual-core PC, you might want to read our
    benchmark comparison of AMD's dual-core chips vs Intel's. I'll
    cut to the chase: AMD trounced Intel. Completely. There wasn't
    one test where Intel came out ahead. Read the story for the gory
    blow-by-blow.

    See the prizefight:
    http://ct.cnet-ssa.cnet.com/clicks?c=863497-1233351&brand=cnet-ssa&ds=5&fs=0

    * * * * *