    motherboard?

    yours,
    Gerrit.

    Gerrit Holl, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Gerrit Holl

    S.Heenan Guest

    Among 32-bit processors, Intel has the P4 Socket 478. AMD has the Socket
    A(462) Athlon XP processor. Intel does make motherboards for their
    processors, AMD do not. Brand names like Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, Epox, Elite
    Group(ECS), MSI and Shuttle all make motherboards for either processor.

    S.Heenan, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Gerrit Holl

    Gerrit Holl Guest

    Ah, OK. I am quite ignorant with regard to hardware, I conclude that
    motherboards are (almost?) always made for either processor, and never
    support both?

    Gerrit.

    Gerrit Holl, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Gerrit Holl

    S.Heenan Guest

    That's correct. AMD and Intel processors must use entirely different
    motherboards.

    S.Heenan, Apr 8, 2004