    professionals and this seems to be their choice for home editing. There's
    really good feedback here in this newsgroup so pay close attention to them.

    regards

    B, Dec 20, 2003

  2. B

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    I do not want to be OT on this list so is there a newsgroup where I can
    ask about the best combo of amd motherboard and cpu to build my own
    system for video editing?

    I have a 1.2 tbird which, thanks to your help, I understand I can
    upgrade to 2.4, but after some thought, feel the mb is limited and would
    rather build my own so it will take advantage of the amd 64 as well as
    other new tech.

    Or should I just ask here?

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Dec 21, 2003

  3. B

    Wes Newell Guest

    While this reads as a .thunderbird group, it pretty muchs covers all
    AMD cpu's and MB's. So ask away. be aware there's not a lot of people with
    A64's yet though. To find out which cpu would be better for video editing
    you should chack some sites that benchmark these programs. Almost all of
    them do.

    Wes Newell, Dec 21, 2003
  4. B

    Gordon Abbot Guest