AMD or Intel?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Root, Oct 18, 2007.

  1. Root

    Root

    My old system (AMD Athlon XP 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ with a crappy ECS mobo) is close to dying so

    time to build a new system. I haven't been following motherboard's and processors very much but I know a

    little bit more about what AMD is doing than Intel though. Intel systems seem more expensive.

    Should I go with an Intel or an AMD system? Which has the most flexibility and overclocking potential?

    In terms of price, I am not on a real budget but don't want to go crazy. I want to balance cost with

    performance and future expandability. If I were to go with an AMD system, I think it would be some AMD X2

    processor in the 5000+ range as a guide to what I think I would be looking at.

    Any suggestions for mobo/CPU combo's as well as any links to comparison articles would be welcomed.

    Root, Oct 18, 2007
  2. Root

    KyleLahVie

    I say amd for a good reason.
    the 3.0x2 will go much farther than anything you can get for the same price vs intel.
    the price difference is insane. Not to mention the 6400+ models overclock to a rediculous speed.
    You probably wont need any more muscle than a 6000+ model for a very long time to come.

    KyleLahVie, Oct 31, 2007