  1. RedRider134

    RedRider134 Guest

    What would be a good model of ASUS motherboard for AMD?

    RedRider134, Jul 8, 2004

  2. A7N8X
    or the deluxe version thereof.

    Ty

    Tyrone Jackson, Jul 8, 2004

  3. RedRider134

    Centurion Guest

    If you want an Athlon64 system, I would go for something in the K8V range
    (again). My K8V SE Deluxe is fantastic, even with a quibble regarding a
    fan header not sensing the speed (PSU fan - no biggie). YMMV but I would
    still recommend this board.

    James
    --
    The Ruffed Pandanga of Borneo and Rotherham spreads out his feathers in
    his courtship dance and imitates Winston Churchill and Tommy Cooper on

    Centurion, Jul 8, 2004
  4. RedRider134

    john Guest

    Wait for the nforce3 250gb boards for the AMD64.

    Should be worth it.

    john, Jul 8, 2004
  5. RedRider134

    Adam S Guest

    I read a load of reviews about a month ago and boards based on the nforce
    chipset were consistantly regared as the best performing ones.

    I built a system on the A7N8X-X board, it does everything I want it to.

    Adam S

    Adam S, Jul 8, 2004
  6. RedRider134

    texterted Guest

    I'd keep to a socket A, until a mainstream OS exists for the 64 bit cpu's.
    By which time they will be much faster anyway.

    The A7N8X-E Deluxe is a great board, feature rich with high
    stability.

    Cheers
    Ted

    texterted, Jul 8, 2004