    got a bad chip (it was new, OEM packaged from StarMicro).

    Thank you much in advance for your help,
    Bob

    Bob, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Bob

    Doughnut Guest

    I believe that the 1200 athlon were unlocked, you may have to set the
    multiplier in the bios correctly at 12x. I may be wrong but something about
    the 1200 rings a bell and im sure this multiplier thing is it.

    cheers
    Doughy

    Doughnut, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Bob

    Buffalo Guest

    You may have to set the multiplier to 12 in the BIOS (in some BIOSs,
    you set it to half ie:6). You may possibly even have to flash the
    BIOS.

    Buffalo, Sep 1, 2004