    fan/coolers I have looked at are above that weight.

    Can anybody advise. I am currently looking at a Volcano 11.

    TIA.

    Mo, May 9, 2004

  2. Mo

    CrimsonLiar Guest

    One piecs of advice the Volcano coolers are no longer anything special and
    as such are over priced.

    CrimsonLiar

    CrimsonLiar, May 9, 2004

  3. Mo

    wayne Guest

    That rating is for heat sinks without additional motherboard support that is
    why most attach to the MB with 6 tab clip!

    A fairly light and effective heat sink is this one

    http://www.overclockers.com/articles754/

    It is also pretty quite the vertical design can help/hurt in some MB's

    Wayne

    wayne, May 9, 2004
  4. Mo

    S.Heenan Guest

    The Vantec AeroFlow (VA4-C7040) is 384g.
    The Thermaltake Silent Boost (A1889) is a little heavier.

    Both are effective coolers, with the Vantec being a little louder. The
    latter is very near silent. Don't worry about weight unless you move your
    machine a great deal. The 6 lug clips work very well.

    S.Heenan, May 9, 2004
  5. Mo

    Mo Guest

    Thanks for the info fellows ... gives me more scope knowing I can go for
    heavier units.

    I had the Silent Boost on my list but it seems the importer is waiting new
    stock in Australia.

    Mo, May 9, 2004