    should hopefully be sufficient. Any input or advise? How much of a
    performance hit will I take if I go with the 333 FSB retail version?
    Thanks

    Photon, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Photon

    D R Tester Guest

    Which country are you wanting to purchase this from? Dom

    D R Tester, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Photon

    Chris.Guynn Guest

    This is the closest I could find:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&description=19-103-390&searchdepa=1

    It's the 3200+ instead of the 3000+ and it costs probably $100 more than
    it's 3000+ counterpart would.

    Chris.Guynn, Dec 9, 2003
  4. | Will be soon putting together my new system with a Shuttle AN35N Ultra
    | MB (nvidea Nforce 2 400 Ultra) and an AMD XP 3000+ 400 mhz, The only
    | problem is finding the processor in a retail box version. (vs the OEM
    | style). Is there a retail version of this processor? The retail
    | versions have a 3 years warrenty where the OEM is usually 30 days. I
    | won't be overclocking at all, so the stock fan on the retail version
    | should hopefully be sufficient. Any input or advise? How much of a
    | performance hit will I take if I go with the 333 FSB retail version?
    | Thanks

    Yup. do a search on pricewatch for "Athlon XP 3000 retail"
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80179-R

    Jason Cothran, Dec 9, 2003