    memory bandwidth of the system seems to be fine. This is the first time I
    have run into a program that runs this chip at 100% for more than a few
    seconds.

    Mickey, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Mickey

    Fishface Guest

    How big is your image? Got enough RAM? What kind of change?
    For some things, but it is unlikely that your image would fit in the cache.
    Seems to be?

    Fishface, Aug 30, 2003

  3. I am running Adobe Photoshop and it takes 100% of the processor
    I'm guessing a 'a change' involves alot of memory transfers, so major
    speed gains will result from increasing the fsb, as athlons are memory
    bandwidth starved. Try 200 or 220fsb if your motherboard supports it. A
    barton running at 10.5x220 or so would be quite fast!

    rms

    Roger Squires, Aug 30, 2003
  4. Mickey

    i'm_tired Guest

    Mickey wrote:
    Wait until you get into Audio/Video encoding. I have dozens of apps that
    will run the processor at 100% for hours and even sometimes days at a time
    :)

    i'm_tired, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Mickey

    Mickey Guest

    ARGGGG not days I can't take staring at nothing for seconds. By fine I mean
    that all the ram is not used and the chip does not run at 80% because it
    can't get enough data to run. The pictures are 60 MB average.

    Mickey, Aug 31, 2003
  6. Seti@home runs ALL my CPUs at 100%, ALL the time.

    Of course, on my new P4C system,
    it takes 2 clients to run the CPU at 'full throttle'.

    To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

    It's your SIG, say what you want to say....

    Never anonymous Bud, Aug 31, 2003
  7. Mickey

    Ed Guest

    Just for argument, it can't run at 100%, the OS would crash. :)

    Ed, Aug 31, 2003