    ram : corsair 512*2 (pc 3200)

    hdd WD200G ide

    thanks,

    Goldmund, Mar 27, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    (Goldmund) wrote:

    > but this system is so unstable.

    What kind of unstable? Does it always boot ok, but fall over later on, or
    when running particular apps? That might point to a heat issue. If it
    doesn't boot reliably you'll have to try the usual stuff like trying one
    stick of RAM at a time, messing with the BIOS settings, and sacrificing
    chickens to the Upgrade Gods.

    Andrew McP

    Andrew MacPherson, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Goldmund

    Jonathan Guest

    Andrew MacPherson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > (Goldmund) wrote:
    >

    >>but this system is so unstable.

    > What kind of unstable? Does it always boot ok, but fall over later on, or
    > when running particular apps? That might point to a heat issue. If it
    > doesn't boot reliably you'll have to try the usual stuff like trying one
    > stick of RAM at a time, messing with the BIOS settings, and sacrificing
    > chickens to the Upgrade Gods.
    >
    > Andrew McP

    I know the original poster didn't give many clues, but it probably is heat.
    Although I love my SN85G4v2, I've concluded that heat is a really big
    issue for it. It's difficult to keep it running at a reasonable
    temperature by the time you put a decent video card in there and a
    large, fast SATA disk.
    Still, it would be prudent for them to update their BIOS and run the
    nVidia System Tool (or other enviro utility) to check out the temps...

    Jonathan, Mar 29, 2005