    ** Office e-mail:
    ** Home e-mail:
    ** Web Page: http://www.rose.edu/Faculty/pvan/index.htm

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Peter van der Goes

    rstlne Guest

    from the looks of it, it's a ZIF heatsink :)..
    Screw in the side clips to the motherboard
    drop the heatsink on, push the retaining clip around and away you go..

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/26633_5649.pdf

    thermal reference design 2 (page 22)

    rstlne, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Thanks!
    I found one at the Coolermaster site. More soon from alternative sources, I
    hope.
    Someone (maybe Vantec) should make one with a TMD fan.

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Peter van der Goes

    S.Heenan Guest

    Thermaltake makes the "Silent Boost" model for both Socket A and 754/940.
    It's all copper and uses what appears to be a hybrid Panaflow fan.

    S.Heenan, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Thanks! Another alternative. The Thermaltake models seem to show a somewhat
    traditional clip in the pictures, but as the models offered are available in
    both 32 bit Athlon and AMD64 flavors, it's impossible to tell which is
    shown.
    Think I'll wait at least I can see a lash-up locally, then decide :)

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 30, 2003