Ami Bios problem with 875P Neo Mainboard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Brian Quigley, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. Screwed up and hit Flash Recovery option, screen blank, and computer won't
    boot. Tried clearing CMOS but that didn't work.

    MSI Bios recovery info on MSI website
    http://www.msi.com.tw/html/support/bios/note/boot.htm
    reads

    " For AMI BIOS
    1.. Rename the desired AMI BIOS file to AMIBOOT.ROM and save it on a
    floppy disk. e.g. Rename A569MS23.ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM

    2.. Insert this floppy disk in the floppy drive. Turn On the system and
    press and hold Ctrl-Home to force update. It will read the AMIBOOT.ROM file
    and recover the BIOS from the A drive.

    3.. When 4 beeps are heard you may remove the floppy disk and restart the
    computer. "
    Newbie type question: where would I find the "desired AMI BIOS file" which
    their example indicates is a .rom file to be renamed to amiboot.rom. The
    bios files for flashing on the MSI site compressed .exe files and after
    downloading/extracting none show as .rom files. The closest file to their
    example, for version 1.9 bios update is A6758IMS.190 plus Adsfi711.exe What
    am I missing, besides a few brain cells? Thanks for any guidance.

    Brian Quigley, Jan 11, 2004