    installed a new hard drive lately, and I wonder if that may be the
    cause, or something entirely different? Anyone have any suggestions?

    Ron

    Ron, Sep 26, 2008

  2. Ron

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Looks like software problems. But Opera is a lot better than IE
    anyways, why not move to it completely? Or move to Firefox?

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 26, 2008

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    I dunno. I guess because I have used IE it's like an old shoe; as bad
    as it is, I feel comfortable with it.

    Ron

    Ron, Sep 27, 2008
  4. Ron

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Hmm. At some time you have to replace an old shoe.

    My guess would be that the current IE is not being maintained
    well on win 2000, as MS wansrt to sell their newer stuff.

    It is possible that something got damaged when you moved the
    installation, but I would expect other things to malfunction
    as well in that case. However the nly occation I use IE is
    for accessing MS update, so I really do not know how stable
    it is.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 28, 2008
  5. Ron

    Ron Guest

    The problem doesn't *only* happen when I use IE6 but that is most
    often the time: either when I am using it or just after I did
    something, then I'll get the blue screen of death. Hmm, I'll probably
    do a root canal-- wipe out completely the IE6 program-- then re-
    install it, see how that goes... :)

    Ron

    Ron, Oct 4, 2008