    I've tested some settings, but my RAM is standard Value, and voltage changes doens't help stabililty.
    This combo is really not OC friendly, right?

    Thank you

    F r e e, Feb 23, 2006

  2. F r e e

    Wes Newell Guest

    The AN7 Shouldn't have a problem. The 2800+ might depending on which 2800+
    it is. All models are /333 models, but one is a Tbred core with 256K
    cache that runs at 2250MHz default, and it's not going to overclock much
    at all. The other is a Barton core with 512K cache and a default speed of
    2083MHz. This one should overclock in theory about 200MHz more that the
    Tbred core. Both will max out somewhere around 2400MHz give or take about
    100MHz. So if you're really wanting considerably more speed than what you
    have now at default, it's time to upgrade to an Athlon 64 single or dual
    core.

    Wes Newell, Feb 23, 2006

  3. F r e e

    F r e e Guest

    Thansk a lot Wes, now i don't need to fiddle anymore, just have to convince the wife I need to get some components.( well, she doesn't need to know, does she? :p

    Thank you
    free

    F r e e, Feb 24, 2006