    this code indicates a bad BIOS chip. So I ordered a replacement chip
    and installed it. No change. Does this mean it's the motherboard?

    Scott

    Rebus, May 14, 2005

  2. Rebus

    Dr. Mellow Guest

    Check/replace the CMOS battery or perhaps some sort of grounding problem.

    Mellow

    Dr. Mellow, May 14, 2005

  3. Rebus

    Rebus Guest

    The battery measures 3V, as it should. I think that even with a dead
    battery you can still get into BIOS Setup -- it just never remembers
    your settings. In this case, BIOS never starts, as code 90 is the
    handoff from uGuru to BIOS. So if it's not the BIOS chip, what else is
    there?

    Scott

    Rebus, May 14, 2005
  4. Rebus

    Lucas Guest

    Have you considered the video card as suspect?

    Lucas, May 15, 2005