AN7 just installed and failed with Code 52 at Post

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Pierre-Philippe Ravier, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I've now rebuilt my system with an Abit AN7 motherboard.
    The rest of my system, for the moment, is :
    Athlon XP 2400+
    Abit Siluro OTES FX5900
    1 Dimm of 1GB DDR PC2700 (DR333)

    When I boot with this the motherboard displays a serie of codes and
    stops at 52 .
    The monitor displays the AN7.uguru.Abit logo proposing to press Tab or
    Del.
    If I press TAB beforehand (from the very beginning) I can see the
    Posts screen displaying :

    Main Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1500MHz
    Memory Testing : 1048576K OK

    Memory Frequency For DDR333 specification
    Memory Frequency : DDR333

    Pres DEL to enter SETUP , ATL+F2 to enter AWDFLASH
    11/13/2003-nVidia-nForce-6A61Ba1DC-13

    And it seats there frozen.
    the motherboard also beeps like an old ambulance.

    Two things are strange :
    - The code 52 displayed by the Leds in the motherboard's corner.
    - my CPU is not an XP1500 MHz.

    The manual mentions that the Post-Code 52 has something to with the
    memory being filled with 0, so I suspect there is some incompatibility
    between the memory and the motherboard.
    I bought all from Scan, the memory being "Major".

    Thanks.

    Pierre-Philippe Ravier, Mar 7, 2004