AN7 - T-Bred 2400+ - 200MHz-FSB at last!!! - Now about this rebooting problem :P

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Wayne Youngman, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I made a post a day or two ago about my efforts to get my T-Bred 2400+
    running on a 200Mhz-FSB. I was originally trying to raise the FSB *without*
    overclocking the CPU (10x200=2GHz), but basically the AN7 wouldn't boot.
    Today I had a bit more time to play and tried 11x200 (2.2GHz) and *bingo*
    booted straight up. Pah I should have tried that before I made my last post
    :p

    Anyhow the system works well, and is Prime95 (24hr) and MemTest86 passed.
    However I have a slight problem that I haven't been able to iron-out. . . .
    .. .If I leave the system running for 24hours with Prime95 and 3Dmark looping
    (extreme I know), the system will *Reboot*. I'm not sure if this happens at
    stock values (testing now)?. From this I am thinking that The CPU and
    Memory are ok, but perhaps a problem related to the Graphics card?

    Here is my BIOS settings (Photo - 60Kb)
    http://www.waynes.spamtrap.btinternet.co.uk/AN7_Overclock.jpg

    Can you see anything that may be a problem. . .vCore is getting high now

    It just crashed again after only 4 hours of Prime95 + Intense 3D graphics
    looping?, but it can run Prime95 stable for 24hours?. . I saw a blue screen
    this time but didn't have time to read it (irq_not_equal type thing!).

    have a few things to try out yet but I gotta give this machine up Thursday
    and start another build :p

    Here is the tech spec:
    --
    *SOUL-RIPPER*
    AN7 rev1.0 (BIOS 13)
    T-Bred XP2400+ (AIUHB)
    512MB (Single Stick) Crucial PC3200 (CT6464Z40B)
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT (FireBlade Edition)
    Western Digital S.E 120GB SATA (7,200rpm - 8MB)
    LITE-ON 52x32x52 Burner
    LITE-ON 16x DVD
    ANTEC SX835 II
    ANTEC 350w Smart-Power (Dual Fan)
    4 x 80mm Case fans
    WinXP SP/1
    DX 9.0b
    nVidia Drivers (CD)
    Cat 3.10 (CD)

    Wayne Youngman, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Wayne Youngman

    DaveL Guest

    Could be the AN7 has a problem with the 10 multiplier. I've heard of
    different boards having these kind of issues. Maybe a bios upgrade might
    fix it but hey, there's nothing wrong with 2.2ghz. I think you should try
    for higher! Kick it up to 12 and see what happens.

    Dave

    DaveL, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Wayne Youngman

    DaveL Guest

    Try lowering the memory frequency. See if that fixes the reboot problem.
    I'm not as impressed with Crucial as I once was. What version nforce driver
    are you using? You should download the newest 3.13, I think it is. See if
    it helps with stability on prime95. Don't load the ide driver. It still
    sucks.

    Dave

    DaveL, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Hi,
    yeah 11x 11.5x 12x all boot fine, strange that! Anyhow I passed this hurdle
    now. If I can get it stable at 2.2GHz then maybe I will think about 2.4GHz.
    When one of my builds has a problem, it's like Prime95 failing. I'm not
    used to a PC rebooting after *HOURS* of 100% CPU usage + Intense 3D loops
    :p. Unlikely to get such a thrashing by my bro, but I like to be thorough.
    .. . .I hate a computer error when you are deep into a good game/task etc. .
    ..

    Wayne Youngman, Feb 25, 2004
  5. "DaveL"wrote

    Hi again,
    I'm using the driver from the CD, I mean hey it's a new motherboard!. I'm
    not sure if I can load the new nVidia drivers with the AN7, due to it having
    updated hardware (ALC658 etc), looking into it now. . . .

    Wayne Youngman, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Hi,

    Forgot to mention, temps are good. The highest load was 55°C. There is 4 x
    80mm fans keeping the system cool. What are the *suspects* for a system
    rebooting under *EXTREME* testing?

    Wayne Youngman, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Wayne Youngman

    Travis King Guest

    Try upping the vcore to see if that might stop the rebooting. (don't set
    the vcore too high or damage may occur)

    Travis King, Feb 29, 2004