    execute ASUS startup program". I'm not sure if this is a PC Probe
    thing or a Vista thing. If anyone could tell me how to get rid of
    this, I would be grateful. Thanks.

    ridergroov, Mar 6, 2007

  2. ridergroov

    Young Mandy Guest

    wish I knew how.....................I know how you feel

    Young Mandy, Mar 7, 2007

  3. ridergroov

    ridergroov Guest

    Having the same problem?

    ridergroov, Mar 7, 2007
  4. ridergroov

    fondue Guest

    Maybe check msconfig.

    fondue, Mar 8, 2007
  5. ridergroov

    Young Mandy Guest

    Thats the problem :-0
    If you tick it it asks for permission everytime you start up; if you untick
    it and click on Probe II start, it still asks for permission :-(

    Young Mandy, Mar 8, 2007
  6. ridergroov

    fondue Guest

    No preferences you can set from within the program?

    Alternately is there any reason to use this program? Most of these
    manufacturer supplied utilities are very basic and not worth using, (IMHO).
    The sound management program supplied with my A7V880 required me to reboot
    whenever I changed the sound setup from headphones to 5.1 speakers, or vice
    versa. And it needed to reboot immediately, so when the setting was changed
    you would be prompted with an accept changes yes/no box, click yes and it
    rebooted. Annoying to say the least, but I couldn't use anything else.

    SpeedFan or similar does just as good a job, (I'm assuming Probe 2 is a HW
    monitoring program).

    I had and ASUS VGA card and made the mistake of installing the "ASUS
    enhanced drivers". Every time I played a video clip a large ASUS logo would
    appear on the screen.

    That was a temp card till I got my Nvidia 7950 GX2, and I incidentally
    discovered later that the drivers supplied with the card didn't even support
    that model! I had acquired the latest ones from the web beforehand.

    Good luck anyway :)

    fondue, Mar 8, 2007
  7. ridergroov

    ridergroov Guest

    Hey everyone. This is a response I got back from my post on the Asus
    forums. I haven't tried it yet but it might help.

    "I loaded the Probe II on my VISTA setup, although it is really for
    XP. I deleted the program and will wait for the VISTA version,
    although the Probe seemed to work OK in VISTA, but it took longer to
    boot. I had the same ASUS startup file problem. It is easy to fix if
    you want to keep Probe on your computer. Just find the file that is
    trying to start, it will be in Folder = Program Files/ASUS/XXX
    something.. I forget the name of the last folder, and the actual file
    name. It is something like AACenter.exe. Just right click on the file,
    and go to "properties". Then look for the "UNBLOCK" item, and click on
    it. This will cause the program to execute at the begining of the
    bootup. As an aside, if you do a Control-ALT-Delete, and select Task
    Manager, and look at the "Processes running", you will see the file
    AAcenter.exe running, which is the way you want it."

    ridergroov, Mar 9, 2007
  8. ridergroov

    Young Mandy Guest

    I cannot find any file called AAcentre.exe (or similar), the only exe file I
    could find was Probe2.exe.manifest

    Young Mandy, Mar 9, 2007