    About how long does it take to get a new version of a uC where most of the
    errata is fixed? The errata sheet for the AT91RM9200 is pretty long, and there
    are a few things that I hope are going to be fixed soon??? I think #37 has been
    fixed since parts at distributors are listed as 002, which I guess would mean
    bootloader version 2. This is important since I want to use an 8 bit parallel
    flash chip to boot...but not a 20ns flash chip :)

    The complete errata sheet is here:
    http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc6015.pdf

    #35 is pretty glaring, don't you think? But I should give them a break, since
    this is a new chip, and most of the manufacurers have errata in their chips. I
    guess nothing on the list of 40 or so items is a total project killer.

    37. ROM Bootloader: Limitation with 8-bit parallel memories.
    Limitation with 8-bit parallel memories. In the internal Boot Rom program,
    version
    1.0, the wait state number on CS0 is set to 0 during Boot ROM Iinitialization.
    This
    gives an access time of 20 ns at 48 MHz Master Clock Frequency. This limitation
    of
    the ROM Bootloader appplies to AT91RM9200 with the product number 58A07F.
    Problem Fix/Workaround
    None.

    35. A24 not wired internally between the EBI and the PIO
    A24 is not wired internally between the EBI and the PIO. Use only PIO mode on
    it.
    Problem Fix/Workaround
    Due to this error, static memories over 16M bytes per chip select cannot be
    used.
    To interface 32-Mbyte memories and over, the user must use two memory chips
    connected on two different chip selects.

    34. Address Bus continuously active
    The address bus is continuously driven with the address of the current access,
    even
    if it is an internal one.

    Rick, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Rick

    Jim Stewart Guest

    Don't hold your breath.

    An errata is not a commitment to fix the bugs, it's
    a disclosure of them. The danger is that if they
    change the chip, they may introduce other problems
    for existing customers. I'm not trying to justify
    this attitude, but I know it exists.

    Jim Stewart, Feb 19, 2004