    Linea Recta Guest

    Mouse pointer has tendency to disappear. Only reappears after wild
    movements. This is lousy way of working (Vista).

    Linea Recta, May 6, 2013

  2. Linea Recta

    Bob_Villa Guest

    Lot of variables here: wired, wireless, USB, and PS2? Have you tried a different mouse? If USB...a different port?

    Bob_Villa, May 6, 2013

  3. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    Original mouse, USB, optical mouse. I'll give it a try in a different port,
    although I was told always to use same port. I don't have another USB
    mouse...

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, May 6, 2013
  4. Linea Recta

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I don't suppose that you accepted a recent driver update with Windows
    updates? That's often the cause of issues like yours. My advice is to never
    let Windows update device drivers - if it ain't broken don't fix it and if
    it is then get the driver from the hardware manufacturers site.
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, May 7, 2013

  5. Low mouse battery power. Batteries not fitting firmly (rapid movements
    reset batteries). Computer trying to hibernate (going to sleep).

    Bill Bradshaw, May 7, 2013
  6. Linea Recta

    Bob_Villa Guest

    Sounds like he has a wired optical mouse. Hense, no batteries.

    Bob_Villa, May 7, 2013
  7. That's cold, man.

    the wharf rat, May 7, 2013
  8. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    Not intentionally, but of course I do install regularly MS security
    updates...

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, May 8, 2013
  9. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    No batteries in wired optical USB mouse.

    At least not without my permission I hope.

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, May 8, 2013
  10. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    I now activated the "mouse trails" setting. With this work around I can at
    least see what I'm doing. But it still moves very jerky...

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk