    somehow. I'm going away for a few days and don't have time to rig a
    serial console.

    Any ideas?

    John Burns, Apr 6, 2004

  2. John Burns

    Chris Morgan Guest

    Presumably you are on the correct video connector? It will pick a UPA
    card if reconfigure booted with such a card present

    Presumably the monitor shows absolutely nothing, not even a "glitch"?

    Try powering the monitor on after the keyboard lights go out. I have
    an ultra 10 that would only sync up with an NEC monitor of mine if it
    DID NOT find it during boot. Weird. I almost disbelieve myself, but I
    worked that way for a couple of years when I would use it daily for
    work at home.

    Chris
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, Apr 7, 2004

  3. John Burns

    John Burns Guest

    Presumably the monitor shows absolutely nothing, not even a "glitch"?

    Correct, we've got round it by swapping a U5 mobo into a U10 case, that
    fixed one of them. Still leaves wme with u/s parts though :-(
    Seen that before on HPs. These screens are fine on all out other Suns
    though.

    John Burns, Apr 8, 2004
  4. John Burns

    pinjdf Guest

    Hi,

    I had a similar problem with upgrading between cpu's. I had to drop
    down to a 270cpu and then flashed the nvram from 3.11 to 3.31. I then
    put the 360mhz cpu back in and was able to get the screen to show. So
    what is your OpenBoot Prom set at?

    Thanks,
    Joey.

    pinjdf, May 5, 2004
  5. John Burns

    John Guest

    A quick options is before powering the machine up. press 'stop+n'
    which resets the OBP settings, just in case summat dodgy is in there.
    Other than that, if you've swopped out all h/w in turn, then you may
    have faulty m/b, which DOES happen , bad storage etc ...

    John

    John, May 6, 2004