    UK to have it fixed under warranty)

    Ahhhhhhh yes..
    So glad I moved to ASUS..

    rstlne, Aug 8, 2003

  2. rstlne

    Scott Guest

    ANOTHER ENLIGHTENED BRAIN, CONGRATS, I TOO BELIEVE MSI SUCKS!!

    Scott, Aug 10, 2003

  3. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    You can't be that happy if you feel the continued need to slag off MSI,
    then

    Yea
    your right
    I hate my asus boards, all 3 of them were put in the system, and worked (god
    forbid)
    It's just not like these "Technical" MSI motherboards that users today get..
    Get motherboard, doesnt work, test, find mobo faulty, replace, repeat
    My msi motherboard had me convinced that I knew nothing about pc's
    My asus and gigabyte motherboards have me convinced that MSI know nothing
    about motherboards

    rstlne, Aug 12, 2003
  4. rstlne

    neopolaris Guest

    Ya there are just dozens of posts a day here....tells a tale of stability
    and quality products. Too bad most users don't know what they are doing.
    The BIOS is NO place for newbs as they don't know what the setting mean even
    though they were told/read they should. Bad combo.

    neopolaris, Aug 14, 2003
  5. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    Ya there are just dozens of posts a day here....tells a tale of stability
    mine is not a BIOS problem
    Mine is of a motherboard that failed 13 months after purchase and about 14
    months after production..

    Now 3 years on msi has finally (yes it's taken them 2 complete years) to
    finally decide to look at the product..
    Still they dont belive it is a warranty however as it's taken them so long
    to respond that it's now beyond it's warranty period (that's my fault ant
    not theres)..
    so for 10 quid (15 usd) I can send it back and they will repair it.. I will
    try this as it's the VERRY FIRST attempt that the USA, UK, TIWAN, GERMAN
    service departments have made to look/repair the board..

    Now to me it's plain and simple, the SC1155 seems to stop giving an output,
    the chip shuts down, and the system is dead (I am not sure if stop grant was
    actually able to be issued on the kt133 chipset but I think no).. So I am
    guessing that EITHER the 1155 pgood is out of spec or that the processor is
    halted (giving me the impression that the 1155 is not outputting).. But the
    problem is that the 1155 just gets hot and stays hot (so its doing
    something)..

    I stand by my view that MSI ARE SHIT..
    The equipment they make either seems to be great or shit.. they seem to have
    a high failure rate (maybee not nearly enough testing goes on, or they just
    release substandard equipment to the market and see what gets return'd?)..
    Their service and support is sooooo shitty that it's below anything I have
    ever seen..
    I emailed them and asked simply..
    "Was there a fault with the 6330 ver1 boards, and if so can I find out what
    was replaced on later versions"...
    Their reply to me was to contact my local service area so I could send it in
    for repair.. Considering they never replied on the warranty issue but they
    wanted me to send it in and pay for it to be fixed, well that just pissed me
    off even worse..
    Anyhow..... Most people I know "personally" who have bought MSI products
    have said that they will never buy a MSI product again.. This is my view too
    and I will stick by it

    rstlne, Aug 14, 2003