    In the laptop I’m considering, the Core 2 Duo adds about $125.
    Is it worth it in my situation?

    Thanks!

    nunamus, Apr 22, 2007

  2. I would look at the Intel specs for power, I assume that the Core2 is
    lower power, but some of that depends on your settings for speed and
    mode control. My impression is that Core2 will offer the BIOS more
    options to use low power modes, but I'm not a Windows user, so I can't
    tell you what options to use.

    Bill Davidsen, Apr 27, 2007