    increase the performance of the machine in order to make it worth $200?

    I'm keeping till I go off to college in August.

    Thanks

    Master Thrasher, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Master Thrasher

    Markeau Guest

    Probably not, but then it depends on what apps you are running.
    Photo/video editing, very large doc editing, etc, can all benefit from
    more memory. If u haven't already done so, I would put the $ toward a
    huge external hd for backups, or get an 80GB internal hd like I just
    did for ~$190 from newegg, or if u don't already have one get the
    modular cd/rw or dvd drive.

    Markeau, Jan 19, 2004

  3. I have a 40GB external hard drive and I am preparing to reformat to increase
    system performance.

    I have 300+ MB of Ram apparently. I thought it was 192 but oh well.

    thanks

    Master Thrasher, Jan 19, 2004