Another Spdif / P4C800E question/ loss of 5.1 sound

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Jeff, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    This perplexes me.

    Asus P4C800E MB.

    Spdif connected to Sony AMP

    A file that was recorded as a TP (transport stream...HDTV with AC3) plays
    perfectly within it's bundled player allwoing fast forwarding and rewinding
    of the video file with NO loss of 5.1 sound as indicated by the AMP's
    display panel.

    However if I play a MPEG2 file with AC3 in Media Player or some other
    player, it will start alright, picture and sound, with 5.1 sound playing
    fine as indicated by the AMP

    BUT, if i dare ff or rew the video, the 5.1 sound is lost , well all sound
    is lost, as just the video is only seen.

    I also use the AC3 filter.

    Any clues as to why mpeg2 video loses 5.1 sound if ff or rew?

    TIA

    jeff

    Jeff, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Jeff

    Paul Guest

    Maybe the answer is on this forum somewhere ? I got 500 hits
    on a search for ac3filter.

    http://forum.doom9.org/search.php

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 14, 2005