    trunk mounted cb antennas except smaller.
    the antenna is in back of the pc of course and once it is placed in certain
    places the wireless connection to the router drops.

    snoopy, May 11, 2004

  2. snoopy

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yes, you can get or even make an antenna to amplify the wireless signal.
    Different brands of WiFi cards use various connectors on the back for attaching
    an external antenna. Honestly, eBay has a great sample of companies selling
    WiFi antennas.

    I have a stock of antennae to go with the Orinoco WiFi cards I sell my clients.
    Most of the time in a home network, the signals are strong enough and the
    interference from other electronics low enough that an antenna is not required.
    I have had a couple of problematic home/SOHO WiFi installations which required
    an antenna or two... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 11, 2004