    until I upgrade next summer.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Chris, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Chris

    Paul Guest

    The A7M266 and A7M266-D definitely take registered DDR.
    The A7V266 takes registered DDR according to the manual.
    An owner of a A7V333 used registered DDR, even though the manual
    did not mention registered DDR as an option. To support
    registered RAM, you need a chipset that supports it, DDR
    DIMM sockets keyed to accept it, and a BIOS that is prepared
    to parse the SPD EEPROM on the DIMM.

    http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

    All of those boards are old and would only be available used somewhere.
    They are not currently in production.

    If you can afford the downtime, send the motherboard to
    "Homey" or "Bigbadger". They cover North America and Europe
    respectively. They will replace all the electrolytic capacitors
    on a board, and assuming you haven't damaged anything else on
    the motherboard, by running with damaged caps, you could
    fix your current board. I think Homey charges about $50, but
    check the website for details.

    This is Homey's web site. http://motherboardrepair.com/
    Bigbadger can be reached via email by tacking @btinternet.com
    onto the end of his name. He also goes by the name of steve
    and you tack @thebageplace.fsnet.co.uk onto the end of steve.
    (Got that from a Google search.)

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks for the info Paul, I'm in the uk so I'll give Bigbadger a try.

    Regards,

    Chris

    Chris, Nov 17, 2004