Any bad experiences with a KV7 and a Barton 3000 at 400FSB and PC3200 DDR?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by tanstafl, May 6, 2005.

  1. tanstafl

    tanstafl Guest

    Has anyone had a bad experience with a Barton 3000 core at 400FSB and
    PC3200 DDR on the KV7? - or any other caveat emptor stories for that
    matter. I don't OC - been known to UC for the sake of stability.
    I'll have good power, temps, RAM and ventilation - just fishing for
    war stories or known frailties.

    In the last three months there have been no threads on the KV7 - but
    several on the KV7-V, mainly centered on using a Sempron core and 1
    thread with a Barton - but it didn't seem severe. I can't figure out
    the full difference between the boards - so my caution flag is up.

    No mention of the older KV7 could be good or bad, Please choose one:

    1) It's an old known pos that doesn't warrant whining about in the
    group
    2) It's so good and stable there's nothing worth whining about.

    Or something in between :) TIA

    tanstafl, May 6, 2005