    to Internet through a single 802.11 port. It would be a *reverse* of
    the popular Linksys wireless router that connects to Internet through
    a wired port.

    MMM42, Nov 7, 2004

  2. MMM42

    J. Clarke Guest

    It's not clear what exactly you're looking for that a Linksys, Netgear,
    Belkin, or other brand of WAP with switch doesn't provide.

    J. Clarke, Nov 7, 2004

  3. MMM42

    MMM42 Guest

    Are you saying that I can take a wireless router like Linksys WRT54G
    that mentions only one interface to backbone Internet through its
    wired Ethernet port and then use it in reverse, i.e. use its wireless
    interface for backbone Internet and connect a laptop to the router
    with an Ethernet cable. Manual does not mention such a setup.

    MMM42, Nov 7, 2004
  4. MMM42

    J. Clarke Guest

    Connect the laptop to one of the switch ports. The WRT54G has four of them.

    J. Clarke, Nov 8, 2004
  5. MMM42

    MMM42 Guest

    It has also one port for power supply!??%^*^??
    Frankly, leave the subject to folks who know more about wireless.

    MMM42, Nov 8, 2004
  6. MMM42

    J. Clarke Guest

    I'm not sure I understand what point you think you are making about having a
    port for the power supply. The device in question, if you will be kind
    enough to go to the Netgear site and look at the datasheet, is a
    multipurpose device combining a four port Fast Ethernet switch, an 802.11g
    WAP, and a NAT router with some other bells and whistles providing a fifth
    Ethernet port. He can connect his laptop to any of the four ports of the
    Fast Ethernet switch and it will be able to access devices connected via
    802.11g.

    J. Clarke, Nov 8, 2004
  7. What you want is a wireless bridge. Linksys, DLink, and I would bet many
    others make them. The ideal one would be one that is the same manufacturer
    as the WAP of the originating network.

    Richard Johnson, Nov 8, 2004