    can anyone tell me if there is any picture distortion on the new 22"
    monitors? I am running 7900 gs.

    Jerry

    jchughes301, Nov 28, 2007

  2. jchughes301

    Augustus Guest

    I don't know of any modern LCD that distort images...unless you are talking
    about running standard screen resolutions or non-native 2D resolution on a
    22" widescreen. But this fuzzy stretching is common to any LCD not operating
    at native res. As for the brightness, pixel response, color fidelity and
    other performance measuarables you really have to do some review reading and
    comparison to choose. Plus go into stores and side by side compare. Like
    with any LCD, there are big differences in how they look and perform.

    Augustus, Nov 29, 2007

  3. jchughes301

    Inglo Guest

    I just bought a cheapie Acer 22" LCD
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009094> and
    have been incredibly pleased with it so far. Great image quality and
    great for games. No distortion. I've run into barrel roll distortion
    on other wide screen TVs (CRT wide screens) but I've never seen that
    with an LCD.

    The Acer listed above lacks fancy features but the price makes almost
    any other detractions melt away.

    I can only hope this monitor doesn't end up like the new iMac monitors
    <http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/27/apple_imac_display_problems_reported/>

    Inglo, Nov 29, 2007
  4. jchughes301

    johns Guest

    I use to see that on big crts all the time. It was caused
    by a grainy finish on the surface of the screen which
    was suppose to reduce glare. As the angle increases,
    the light passes through particles of changing size
    until the subsurface light is totally scattered by the
    surface finish. The particle size scattering is color
    sensitive.

    johns

    johns, Nov 29, 2007
  5. jchughes301

    Corvus Guest

    HP TFTs let you choose between fullscreen and proportional interpolation,
    but the NVIDIA driver can handle this equally well on all TFTs.
    ThereĀ“s however antialiasing which is always performed by the TFT, and there
    are very few, and probably no 22" monitors where you can adjust the
    so-called sharpness( some TFTs offer 10-20 sharpness levels).

    Corvus, Nov 30, 2007
  6. jchughes301

    jchughes301 Guest

    Thanks