    what are the benefits for a Tantino jtag cable?

    4) any experience with the included web server application?
    DHCP? File system? FTP?

    janka vietzen, Mar 12, 2007

  2. janka vietzen

    larwe Guest

    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same stick, but I've been
    looking at a product that sounds identical.
    Where is the third chip? My stick has only two. Maybe you have the
    four-button "+" shape confused as a third chip?

    My diary entry for March 4 <http://www.larwe.com/diary/2007mara.html>
    has a link to the docs on ST's site, and a photo of the board I'm
    working with.
    I haven't tried to debug it over the built-in USB connector, I didn't
    realize it was possible. Looking at my photo, the JTAG header is the
    upper-right one (only one that is actually populated).

    hardware? If not,
    You won't be able to debug USB connectivity over the USB interface.
    External JTAG hardware will be mandatory. That's one of the reasons
    why I haven't even bothered to try
    The device mounts like a mass-storage device if you plug it into a PC,
    and that apparently gives you access to the webserver filesystem. I
    haven't really experimented with it; I don't intend to use it. But
    judging from the documentation it does not support DHCP, rather it
    uses a hardcoded address.

    larwe, Mar 12, 2007

  3. janka vietzen, Mar 12, 2007
  4. janka vietzen

    larwe Guest

    Ah, I would bet the extra chip is a small micro to handle the USB
    debugging.

    larwe, Mar 12, 2007
  5. janka vietzen

    Steve Calfee Guest

    Looks pretty interesting. Too small a memory for Linux. Nice eval kind of
    kit.

    If all you want is to experiment with a usb device, I think the cheapest
    way may still be buying a keyspan/8051 ezusb (USA-19?) usb/rs232 dongle.
    There were - (yes still are some google "hacking the keyspan") web pages on
    how to do new programs and download over usb.

    Regards, Steve

    Steve Calfee, Mar 13, 2007
  6. janka vietzen

    looking Guest

    1) the product photo shows 3 QFP chips. Two of them seems CPU and PHY
    What
    the 3rd is a USB-JTAG converter from FTDI: FT2232

    looking, Mar 14, 2007
  7. janka vietzen

    linnix Guest

    The FT2232 has two ports: one for Jtag/Serial Wire Debug
    and one for USB-Serial converter.

    Not sure about Arm 9, but for Arm Cortex,
    you can Jtag tap to a special state and bring out
    the Serial Wire Debug on the same Jtag lines.

    I jtag/swd the Arm and serial bridge to an Avr.
    I run an Avr downloader on the Arm.
    Downloading works fine (flash verified),
    if I can just boot the Avr (it's not running yet).
    No external hardware or connector needed.

    linnix, Mar 14, 2007
  8. janka vietzen

    qljo Guest

    Did finally someone find out if this stick can run as a standalone uni
    (power couls be supplied by a simple external USB HUB)??!

    Also I'd like to know if it is possible to use this device a
    OTG-Interface between a Pocket PC and some USB slaves such as modem o
    printer. Any experiences?

    Best regards,
    Johannes

    qljo, Nov 18, 2007