    mophobitizer Guest

    Considering upgrading my TI 4200 with Sapphire Radeon 9800 XT since is
    rated better than the 5900. Do the NVIDIA drivers cause any issues?

    mophobitizer, Jan 27, 2004

  2. mophobitizer

    XMS Guest

    my 9800pro works flawlessly :)

    XMS, Jan 27, 2004

  3. mophobitizer

    Glynn Edgar Guest

    Hi,

    I use a 9500pro on mine and it has been flawless, but you do want to make
    sure and remove ANY remnant of the nvidia video drivers or you will have
    problems. Drivercleaner or any such program works well as the uninstall
    options doesn't always remove everything.

    Cheers,

    Glynn

    Glynn Edgar, Jan 27, 2004
  4. mophobitizer

    AvengerĀ© Guest

    My 9800 Pro works a treat with my board. Although, I did update to
    latest drivers from the ATI site.

    "Put the CAT out to reply"

    Abit NF7-S Ver 2.0, XP3200 400FSB CPU @ 2.4 Ghz, 512 MB Corsair TwinX PC 3200 Low Latency
    (Dual Channel) DDR, Radeon 9800Pro, Asetek Waterchill Water Cooling (on CPU, Chipset &
    GPU), Antec AMG 1000 case, 120 GB WD 10,000 RPM SATA Drive.

    AvengerĀ©, Jan 27, 2004

  5. Hi,
    it's a great combination!
    BTW: Save your dollars and get a 9800 or 9800Pro, 9800XT is overpriced!

    Wayne Youngman, Jan 28, 2004
  6. mophobitizer

    BigBadger Guest

    9800XT in a NF7-S here...no problems at all.

    BigBadger, Jan 28, 2004
  7. mophobitizer

    rms Guest

    BTW: Save your dollars and get a 9800 or 9800Pro, 9800XT is overpriced!

    Yes, the 9800pro is $230 at newegg right now. A steal!

    rms

    rms, Jan 28, 2004
  8. mophobitizer

    rms Guest

    Radeons are sensitive to voltage issues. Be sure you have a quality
    P4-ready psu, and you may need to raise the agp voltage in bios, or turn off
    fast writes in bios.

    rms

    rms, Jan 28, 2004
  9. mophobitizer

    mophobitizer Guest

    Thanks to all for replies. I ordered the Sapphire 9800 Pro today from
    Newegg

    mophobitizer, Feb 1, 2004