    But i wonder, is there such as app on the Mac. (that let's you see
    all your communication of Safari to the outside work) (or better yet,
    all your internet communication to the outside world.)

    Summercool, Oct 9, 2007

  2. WireShark.

    Clever Monkey, Oct 9, 2007

  3. lynx -head

    Jochem

    Jochem Huhmann, Oct 9, 2007
  4. Summercool

    Mark Shroyer Guest

    In addition to everyone else's suggestions, there's also the Firefox
    Live HTTP Headers extension, which is cross-platform:

    Mark Shroyer, Oct 10, 2007
  5. Summercool

    Warren Oates Guest

    Warren Oates, Oct 10, 2007
  6. Summercool

    Tim Murray Guest

    Also LittleSnitch.

    Tim Murray, Oct 10, 2007
  7. Summercool

    Mark Shroyer Guest

    If you like that, you should check out Firebug too:

    http://www.getfirebug.com/

    It's a lot like Opera's new DOM inspector / the old DOM inspector
    that's been in Firefox for ages, but it has some extra features as
    well such as page load profiling, an extensive JavaScript debugger,
    and point-and-click inspection (i.e., you hover over the web page
    with your mouse cursor, and Firebug automatically takes you to that
    element in the DOM tree). Makes a nice complement to Chris
    Pederick's Web Developer extension.

    I used to be a huge Opera fan too (purchased a license way back in
    the day), but it keeps crashing on me nowadays... :-/

    Mark Shroyer, Oct 10, 2007
  8. Summercool

    Ilgaz Öcal Guest

    I would recommend to install Fink http://finkproject.org/ since it is
    really easy and clean to add/remove any Unix (-like) tool with it.

    It has Wireshark package too.

    Ilgaz

    Ilgaz Öcal, Oct 10, 2007

  9. Of all these apps, any one let you very easily mark the special domain
    in red or green in color?

    such as all lines with the string

    testing.myweb.com

    will be red in color.

    also useful is to filter out all the google toolbar traffic easily or
    filter out any lines that contain a certain string.

    kenneth02394832, Oct 11, 2007