    MN Guest

    Try it.

    MN

    MN, Dec 30, 2003

  2. MN

    TomG Guest

    easy for you to say...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 120,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Dec 30, 2003

  3. "PaleHorse" erote in message news:...
    Strangely enough, it didn't even occur to me that my Firewire port might be
    named rather literally, so I just plugged my DV camcorder into it.
    Strangely, no incendiary after-effects were noted.

    BTW, you might want to check the system clock on your system, as it appears
    to be a day fast.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Dec 30, 2003
  4. MN

    Chris Guest

    I'm using a DV Camera, external HD and filmscanner on my built-in 1394
    ports - no problems so far (2+ months).
    Chris.

    Chris, Dec 31, 2003
  5. MN

    PaleHorse Guest

    Two folks recently posted here that they have burned up equipment on the
    built-in 1394 port on their IC7-Max3. I just finished a Max3 build and I do
    a lot of video editing with an expensive camera and don't want to do a smoke
    test. Any one use this firewire port successfully?

    Any help appreciated.

    IC7-Max3
    P4 3.0C
    2x512 MB Kingston HyperX PC3500
    Antec TruePower 380W in Sonata Case w/2x120mm fans
    Radeon 9800 Pro 128
    2- WD 36.7 Gb Raptors in Riad-0 on ICH5
    WinXP pro
    Pioneer AO6 DVD +/- R

    PaleHorse, Dec 31, 2003
  6. MN

    PaleHorse Guest

    1. MN - you are a great help . . .thanks.
    2. You are right Richard - I was a day fast. Thanks and also thanks for
    risking the DV. I will try mine soon I guess based on this and:
    3. Chris - thanks. Just what I was hoping to hear. Will test soon. I knew I
    could count on this group as I have many times in the past.

    PaleHorse, Jan 2, 2004
  7. MN

    Neville Guest

    I took my Sony IP7 into a service centre (see earlier posts) today and they
    are going to check it out, it will be interesting to see what they say has
    caused the problem

    Neville

    Neville, Jan 2, 2004
  8. MN

    PaleHorse Guest

    Yes. We would be interested in heaing the results. Thanks for the post.

    I hope they can fix for you inexpensively. Good luck.

    PaleHorse, Jan 4, 2004
  9. MN

    Neville Guest

    Well got the quote £500 new main pcb board needed, so thats f*^king great
    news!! still don't really know whether the MAX 3 fried the IP7 or the other
    way round but if I had to bet I'd say the IP7 shagged the board

    Neville, Jan 9, 2004