    my data backup in drive 160Gb can not show up. Physically system detect the
    drive but it wont show in computer. Even Engineer of Acer don't know why.
    Can anyone help? please email me. Thanks

    Mr Zhang, Jun 29, 2007

  2. Mr Zhang

    ctowers Guest

    It sounds new and the warranty may be voided if you try to do something on
    your own.

    ctowers, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Mr Zhang

    Mr Zhang Guest

    No, the problem is I did nothing. The Acer repairman, or senior engineer as
    they call it came to check. Instead of doing any diagnosis , he just check
    the motherboard which is a spoilt one. End up the system kept going into
    loop to install vista. I thought my data in drive c: gone. Then I call them
    the next day and he came again with a new hard disk to replace it. Yet same
    thing happen. So he force me to let him take back the whole CPU with my
    data, password etc.

    Then daily I call in. 2 days later, he return with the motherboard using my
    old one which was okay in the first place. I am able to access my c:\drive.
    but we soon found out my d: where I did all my data backup can not be
    access. It is odd as PC can detect that hard disk but it won't let me access
    it. it wont show up in computer. anyone know what can be done? I only bought
    this new pc for over a month. They did say they will replace it and ...
    seems they lied again. manager lied...

    What can I do?

    Mr Zhang, Jul 2, 2007
  4. Mr Zhang

    ctowers Guest

    You have your sales receipt and warranty? use them!

    ctowers, Jul 2, 2007
  5. Mr Zhang

    Mr Zhang Guest

    I did. but the manager claim he will replace with a new one but I am afraid
    it will be yet another lie. Just like when they bring the damage
    motherboard, they also tell me it is new one, yet its cmos battery fail on
    the spot. I just want to know how I should deal with this since the manager
    himself is already telling me these. how can I prove he is telling the
    truth.

    how do I tell the new CPU I get is really a new one and working. etc.

    You have your sales receipt and warranty? use them!

    Mr Zhang, Jul 3, 2007