Any project for embedded system design (entry level)?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Lee, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Dear all,

    Can anybody suggest me a project (open source or part-time job or
    intern)?I need a project to develop my skills.

    I am targeting at embedded system sofware or firmware for wireless
    multimedia application, such as device driver, assembly programming,
    DSP programming, RTOS porting and so on.

    My skills:
    1. I am excellent in C++ programming and have working experiences in
    compiler design and multimedia processing. I am also good at wireless
    protocol design.

    2. I am good at verilog programming and IC design for multimedia
    application by using Synopsys and Cadence. Currently I am focusing on
    FPGA prototyping.

    3. I have a little working experiences in device drivers for WinNT and
    MCU based board design.

    4. I am firmiliar with DSP programming, ucLinux and ARM based embedded
    system. But no working experiences. I am interested in them and need
    them.

    I can do the project(no paid). Any suggestion is welcome.

    Thanks,

    Lee, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Lee

    hamilton Guest

    How about an internet video phone.

    A small LCD screen, USB camera, microphone and speaker.

    Modem or broadband interface.

    Not entry level, but interesting.

    There maybe enough open source software out there to make this easy.

    hamilton

    PS: maybe a product in it !!!

    hamilton, Aug 12, 2004

  3. (A) Pick up a target system with an USB slave connection, or add the
    USB connectivity to a target system.

    (B) Add GDB (GNU debugger) USB connectivity to the GDB remote protocol
    options.

    USB connection debugging with GDB is a most wanted addition to GDB, as
    I understand it.

    Regards,

    - Thierry Moreau

    Thierry Moreau, Aug 13, 2004
  4. Lee

    Stephen Pelc Guest

    See
    www.mpeltd.demon.co.uk/usbstamp.html
    It is already configured as a JTAG host. The USB connection uses an
    FTDI chip, so drivers are readily available for common OSes. Our ARM
    JTAG debugger is scheduled for Q4/2004 providing that we don't get too
    much additional work.

    Stephen
    --
    Stephen Pelc,
    tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691

    Stephen Pelc, Aug 14, 2004