Any *really old* Viewlogic / Xilinx users around here? :)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Peter, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    In the 1990s I used a Xilinx-only version of DOS Viewlogic, version 4
    I think.

    Viewlogic was hacked so that schematic files created in the
    unrestricted version could not be opened in the restricted version(s).

    However, somebody developed a program called sneaky.exe which patched
    the schematic file, to enable it to be opened.

    I have been chucking out a large quantity of 5.25" disks with all
    sorts of stuff on them, and came across this. It is on a 360k disk
    which I can't read anymore (I can read 1.2MB ones) so if anybody wants
    this drop me an email with your mailing address. I recall it is a very
    small file, a few k.

    I also have cracks for those old versions of Viewlogic (Viewdraw),
    developed by some Russian programmer. These eliminate the Xilinx
    dongle. I know this worked on the Xilinx version of Viewdraw/Viewsim.
    I also have a crack for the old Xilinx XACT 6 program, which also
    worked.

    I have the manuals for it all, XACT (DS502) and also Alliance 1.3 and
    1.4 (whatever they are) plus all the original dongles - all
    legitimate. But for that I would need a UPS or DHL account number to
    send it to - it's heavy. I am in the UK.

    I am getting rid off all this stuff and would like to give it a good
    home. FPGAs have moved on, technology has moved on, and I can't see
    myself ever getting into any of this stuff again. More to the point, I
    no longer have any need to open any of the designs I did 10-15 years
    ago.

    To run it properly one needs a DOS 6.2 PC with an 8514-emulating video
    card; e.g. an ATI Graphics Ultra Pro PCI card. Then you end up with a
    super schematic capture and digital simulation (Xilinx only) machine.

    email but remove the two "x" chars and the
    one "z" char

    Peter, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Peter

    joseph2k Guest

    I am pretty sure that my 5.25 can still read it. Would you like the file
    back (?) on a 5.25 (1.2 MB), 3.5 (720KB or 1.44MB), or CDR?

    joseph2k, Jul 14, 2006