    ATI 9600XT. This is the first time I've seen a chip-licensor board
    that's more expensive than the "branded" one. Does Asus use better
    memory, or... ?

    Billy S, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Billy S

    Darthy Guest

    Dunno.

    Could be extra featurs such as VIVO, software pack etc.... which one.
    ASUS makes many cards.

    Darthy, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Billy S

    Maximus Guest

    The Asus 9600XT is priced at about only 2.00$USD - 4.00$USD * less *
    than the ATI Radeon 9600XT, in Japan.

    The Saphire 9600XT is about 5.00$USD more than the Asus 9600XT; which
    is about 220.00$USD. It is probably 80.00$USD - 90.00$USD more expensive
    than in US.

    Maximus, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Billy S

    Billy S Guest

    bingbingbing We have a winner. :)

    I went back and checked over the detailed specs and the Asus one has
    VIVO. I assume that's video in, video out right? So the Asus one has
    capture...

    Billy S, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Billy S

    Billy S Guest

    My fault, I was looking at the Asus card that has VIVO. It's a little
    more than the ATI, at least at newegg.
    ATI is $189
    Asus is $204.99

    Billy S, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Billy S

    Strontium Guest

    -
    Darthy stood up at show-n-tell, in
    , and said:
    Asus has, generally, priced their versions of cards higher. It's how they
    choose to do business. Quite frankly, their quality is top notch. So, I
    don't mind paying the extra.

    Strontium, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Billy S

    J.Clarke Guest

    The ASUS 9600XT has TV-In, which the ATI does not. That's enough right
    there to justify the price differential.

    J.Clarke, Dec 18, 2003
  8. Billy S

    Strontium Guest

    -
    J.Clarke stood up at show-n-tell, in
    , and said:
    In this instance, yes. However, I paid ~$35 more for the Asus version of
    the 9800XT.

    Strontium, Dec 18, 2003
  9. Billy S

    Darthy Guest

    bing bing bing... we have another winner... you get an all paid trip
    to Iraq! Outfitted with awsome Red White and blue clothes to show
    those camel jockes what it means to be an American!

    Darthy, Dec 21, 2003
  10. Billy S

    Billy S Guest

    Woohooo! Just in time for the Saddam lynching in the Baghdad town
    square! :p

    Billy S, Dec 22, 2003