    processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
    Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.

    Thanks

    boe, Feb 3, 2007

  2. boe

    boe Guest

    Found this -
    http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-intel-core-2-microprocessors

    boe, Feb 3, 2007

  3. boe

    Peter B. P. Guest

    boe <> wrote:

    > I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
    > If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
    > processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
    > Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.
    >
    > Thanks

    Core 2 Quad is already out. There will be 45 nm Intel CPUs by fall.

    --
    regards , Peter B. P. - http://titancity.com/blog , http://macplanet.dk

    If guns kill, do pencils cause spelling errors?

    Peter B. P., Feb 4, 2007
  4. Re: Any specific news on when we can expect new Core 2 processorsfrom Intel?

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 07:37:51 -0800, boe wrote:

    > I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
    > If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
    > processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
    > Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.
    >
    > Thanks

    The Penryn 45nm processors are due in the 2nd half of the year.

    General Schvantzkoph, Feb 4, 2007
  5. Re: Any specific news on when we can expect new Core 2 processorsfrom Intel?

    boe wrote:
    > I'm thinking about building a second PC. My current is a Core2 2.67ghz.
    > If I'm building new I always think about upgrading but the extreme
    > processors are a lot more for little gain in performance currently.
    > Thought I'd see what was coming out and when.

    A quick check should show that the new 45nm core2 will be out in the
    fall, faster and lower power, and supposedly able to run in existing
    boards with a BIOS upgrade. I would not bet the ranch on that, if you
    want one waiting for a board verified to work is probably best.

    I wouldn't invest in any of the extreme CPUs, they will be obsolete in
    six months.

    Here's a present, I found the link:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/technology/27chip.html

    --