    set it to HCLK-33.
    Not ideal, I know, but will it work at all or am I insane?

    Rick

    dorkus.erectus, Apr 20, 2004

  2. dorkus.erectus

    Alun Harford Guest

    You're probably insane.
    I'd be EXTREMELY supprised if you could get Kingston ValueRAM working much
    above its rated speed.

    Alun Harford

    Alun Harford, Apr 21, 2004

  3. dorkus.erectus

    Wes Newell Guest

    As long as you can get a 5 divider at 166MHz FSB and can set the ram to
    133MHz seperately, there shouldn't be a problem.

    Wes Newell, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Thanks, Wes

    I believe my particular mobo switches to a 5 divider around 152 FSB.
    Right now my BIOS gives memory options of SPD, HCLK and HCLK+33.
    I wonder if I set my FSB to 166, will it give me the HCLK-33 option that I
    think I need.
    Or am I still insane?

    dorkus.erectus, Apr 21, 2004
  5. dorkus.erectus

    Wes Newell Guest

    I doubt you'll ever see HCLK-33, but if it's got by SPD, then that should
    keep the ram in spec at 133MHz.

    Wes Newell, Apr 21, 2004
  6. dorkus.erectus

    Neil Turner Guest

    I have Kingston value ram PC2100 (at least that's what it said on the box).
    I have it running at 162MHz 2-2-2-5. I've not increased its voltage above
    normal and it runs memtest ok and prime95.

    Lucky I guess.

    That's on a similar MB to the OP (KT3 Ultra 2R).

    Neil

    Neil Turner, Apr 22, 2004