    I have a Windows install on a Precision 390, and I would like to install a
    second identical drive and convert the install to hardware RAID. Is there
    a straightforward procedure for doing this with a Precision 390?

    Will, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Will

    Tom Scales Guest

    If it is like my Dimension 9200, it requires an OS reinstall.

    Tom Scales, Mar 6, 2007

  3. Will

    Geoff Guest

    nope, fresh install needed most likley

    Geoff, Mar 6, 2007
  4. Will

    Will Guest

    So I'll ask a different question but related. There are four SATA ports
    on the Precision 390 motherboard. Is there any way to configure two of
    those as RAID 1, and then place a third drive that is NOT RAID into the
    third SATA port and have the system work with RAID and non RAID drives
    simultaneously?

    Will, Mar 9, 2007
  5. Will

    S.Lewis Guest

    Perhaps.

    I'm doing so, but with a (non-Dell) system board. RAID1 SATA, and an
    individual IDE hard disk as well as optical on separate channels.

    Admittedly, I've not tried it with a standalone SATA drive alongside the
    RAID.

    S.Lewis, Mar 9, 2007
  6. Will

    Tom Scales Guest

    It works fine on my Dell Dimension 9200 so I would guess it would work on
    your Precision

    Tom Scales, Mar 9, 2007