    C:. Has anyone ever got IBM to tell them if there's any way to change
    which drive they install XP to?

    - Tim

    Anonymous User, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Anonymous User

    Horst Franke Guest

    Hi Tim, that's not possible. You need to install what You've bought!
    Did You already got some? I got none with my G40.
    I would have to tell IBM that I want to change my HDD and thus need
    a copy of the recovery CD(s).
    Do You use any bootmanager or partitioning tool?
    Horst.

    Horst Franke, Jun 6, 2004

  3. It doesn't seem fair, somehow... I *bought* XP and a bunch of IBM
    software when I bought the machine, so it would be nice if they let me
    install whichever of it I wanted, in whichever partition I liked.
    I ordered the recovery CDs, so I have them. Yes, I use BootItNG as a
    boot manager, and PartitionMagic as a partitioning tool. I can modify
    things after the fact, but the XP partition will always be C:, which
    isn't what I want. *sigh*

    - Tim

    Anonymous User, Jun 7, 2004