Any word on things to compete with the nvidia 7950?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Boe, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. Boe

    Boe Guest

    I really like ATI but nVidia are good (each with pluses and minuses) I'm
    waiting for directx 10 cards before I buy my next system. I have an ATI in
    my current home computer (I support hundreds of systems though). I think
    the nVidia 7950 is outrageously cheap compared to buying two comparable
    cards. I'd like something like the 7950 in my next system but want it to
    be DX10 enabled. There isn't much other than very very basic info on ATI
    and nVidia's roadmap from what I've seen but then again I didn't even know
    about the 7950 until about a month or two ago.

    I really prefer good competition vs. being a fanboy so I'm hoping ATI gets
    the crossfire to be as efficient as SLI. Since I haven't seen any
    crossfire/SLI motherboards I'll have to choose which one I'll go with. I
    need to build a new system soon and just use an old video card until I can
    get a good DX10 unit.

    If anyone has any detailed roadmap info and any info regarding ATI making
    something comparable to the 7950 I would be very appreciative.

    Thank you

    Boe, Jun 28, 2006

  2. i lost track when 3Dfx took the voodoo 1 (sli) and made two voodoo 1's into a voodoo 2 and
    then put those
    SLI. Then I almost had a voodoo 6, to replace my voodoo 5.
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    what ? history goes full circle. Guess I am waiting for vista and the new cards that WILL
    support vista.

    nothing on the market from anybody... just SLI and crossfire games for games. oh drat...
    what to do.
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    ** No Fate **

    cheers,
    dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html

    **savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

    ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

    ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

    NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
    NFS3:NFS4
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

    ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles

    ** adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport Discovered
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
    NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
    -=-=-
    Mad Onion - 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2001se -
    {not the Pro} 4x4 Missile Launcher Truck Secret Game Demo screen snaps
    (and secret password)
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dmark2001.html
    -=-=-

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midaspics.htm

    ** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

    ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

    ========================
    3DFX {voodoo1 api} is contained in the GF3 NVIDIA graphics chipset
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/flash.htm
    ======================================

    am i alone to live this

    :

    Dr Richard Cranium, Jun 30, 2006

  3. Boe

    Boe Guest

    You have a pretty similar system to me. I'd love to build a new one but
    most of the parts I want don't exist. I'd like -
    3GHz core 2 processor
    DX10 capable 2 GPU next chip nvidia or ATI
    X-FI2 PCI-Express Sound Card
    500GB hybrid hard drive

    Boe, Jun 30, 2006