    Mike Guest

    Any LARGE performance increase..?
    (worth the LARGE outlay of Cash??)

    Mike, Jan 12, 2005

  2. No, it's only for geeks and freaks. SLI only works for certain games and not
    always correctly, which will probably be fixed with later driver revisions.

    My issue with SLI is one of cost, two 6800GT PCI-E cards cost near $1000. I
    think guys don't realise that cards made in the near future will have new
    technology, such as Direct X 10 support etc.

    Thus they'll have to upgrade again, i am going nForce 4 Ultra and PCI-E
    also, but a single card.

    Very soon a single card will be as powerful as two SLI cards.

    Richard Dower, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Mike

    First of One Guest

    Is the ability to run 4x AA smoothly at 1600x1200 in Doom 3 worth an
    additional $500? To YOU?

    There exist systems with dual Xeons and dual QuadroFX 3400 cards. Total
    price for the CPUs and video cards alone, not counting the rest of the
    system, would be $4000-$5000. Yet some people find it worthwhile.

    First of One, Jan 13, 2005