    again. Does anybody know how to get Connect3D to answer
    thier phone ? It has been off the hook for weeks.

    johns

    johns, Feb 24, 2006

  2. johns

    M. Ziegler Guest

    I have this card. Its from Club 3D. I only tried the demo of CoD2. I
    could run DX 9 with about 25 - 35 fps. All other games run fine. I use
    res 1024 or 1280. With Battle Ground Europe, I use 1600x1200 res and get
    about 45 fps. Games with OpenGL run better with NVIDIA cards. DX9 games
    run as fast or faster as a GF 6800GT.

    Michael

    M. Ziegler, Feb 25, 2006

  3. johns

    johns Guest

    25 - 35 fps is kind of what I expected. I'm starting my next
    generation game box, and I'm trying to find out what works
    and what is too limited for future games ... and also what
    is too expensive for what it can and can't do. This is nearly
    impossible. My tests on a couple of different models of
    the 6800 showed them both to be total crap. The hype
    on those cards is a lie, and if anybody buys one expecting
    it to be a good game card, they are going to get screwed
    big time. I just read reviews on the X800xl, and sure
    enough, one reviewer said that the card get choppy at high
    settings in BF2. That means it will not run CoD2 very
    well at all using dx9. BF2 is no biggie. So I'm stuck
    trying to get past the liars and dumbbutts. One of the
    moderators on the Far Cry Discussion group seems
    pretty trustworty. He has an nVidia 7800 of some model,
    and swears it is running Far Cry at top settings with
    high FPS. Still other gamers are posting that their 7800s
    are giving problems similar to the 6800 problems. Problem
    with nVidia is you don't know which card is made right,
    and which is just a con from a bad company .. like
    Connect3D who won't answer their phones anymore.

    johns

    johns, Feb 25, 2006
  4. johns

    M. Ziegler Guest

    I heard, that X800XL with 512Mb ram does run faster with CoD2 than a
    Nvidia 7800.

    Michael

    M. Ziegler, Feb 26, 2006
  5. johns

    Wad Guest

    Sorry to dissappoint you but even ATI cards only have a 1 year
    warranty now !

    Get a Sapphire X800 GTO2, do the BIOS mod, add a decent cooler,
    overclock, and you'll have a X850XT PE.

    Regards,

    Wad

    Wad, Feb 26, 2006
  6. johns

    DDC Guest

    lol i prefer to spend the amount of cash spare in your sitution to get
    the real card... and spare me the stress of breaking something.

    DDC, Feb 26, 2006
  7. johns

    DDC Guest

    And the warrenty... any if you want to crash your card into the wall
    it up to you.

    So a software mod would change the kind of card run it as a bigger
    card like if it was the supposedly x850 one? hehehe

    DDC, Feb 26, 2006
  8. johns

    johns Guest

    No kidding. It is wearing me out. I always want to rush, but I know
    what can happen. With me the UPS dude started grinning every
    time I walked in with another RMA. I must have spent $100 in
    shipping-back charges last year until I finally got a decent system
    up and running. This year, I'm already up to $64 in restocking
    fees, and it is going to stop there. I'm going to find out for
    sure what works, and what is just hype. CoD2 as a real game
    benchmark is going to become my standard for a next generation
    box.

    johns

    johns, Feb 27, 2006
  9. johns

    Wad Guest

    Stress? Now you got me laughing! Its a software mod that takes 1
    minute and you will probably want to change the cooler no matter what
    card you get since stock coolers are just too loud. I managed to save
    a few hundred bucks when I did it, so savings can be considerable!

    Wad

    Wad, Feb 27, 2006
  10. johns

    DDC Guest

    Hmm i would get one only for its ability to play game at default
    setting even if i own one similar. "other brand"

    now sapphire produce these x800gto2 with the 4 locked pipeline
    "unlocked" so a +1000point in 3dmark05 would be nice.

    how do we make the difference between the 2 boxs?

    12/16 pipes
    the " lite" version means limited eddition...?
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 uses the same PCB as an X850 class card
    http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?page=2&articleid=773&cid=2

    DDC, Feb 27, 2006
  11. johns

    Wad Guest

    You giggle like a child, but you really don't have a clue!

    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/127

    The mod rate has been 100%

    Regards,

    Wad

    Wad, Feb 27, 2006
  12. johns

    Andy C Guest

    Yep it's true.......Mine runs well at 580/580 damn nice for $180

    Andy C, Feb 27, 2006