    Oh, the board is an IS7, so the post is sorta on topic.

    This system is used for video processing, so its always gonna be running at
    close to 100% CPU usage, ergo I'll need pretty good airflow.

    Colon Terminus, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Do you have personal experience with this fan? And know for sure it is
    quiet? The Panaflo I bought was represented as quiet as well, quieter than
    the one you pointed me to. Its noise level was said to be 19 dBA where this
    one claims 21 dBA. In reality, the Panaflo is probably 47-48 dBA at full
    song.

    Colon Terminus, Jan 14, 2005
  3. Colon Terminus

    TomG Guest

    have you looked into the 92 MM fan that is provided with the Zalman
    CNPS7000CU and ALCU coolers... that one seems quiet to me... that is always
    subjective though...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jan 14, 2005
  4. I have the Zalman on my cpu Zalman and its dead quiet cant hear it at
    all and i have it turned up ato halfway.

    UseNet Person, Jan 14, 2005
  5. Colon Terminus

    Erik Hayn Guest

    throttle your existing panaflo to 5 or 7 or 9v and have a look wether it
    brings a sufficient airflow or not.
    there are adapters enough to buy.

    Erik Hayn, Jan 14, 2005
  6. Thanks, Tom, for your feedback. I just happen to have a retired CNPS7000CU
    in my parts bin and hadn't thought about it. I just looked at it and came to
    the conclusion that I'm not enough of an engineer to figger out how to adapt
    that fan to the XP-90. I do reacll the 7000CU as being relatively quiet
    though, even at full song.

    Colon Terminus, Jan 14, 2005
  7. Colon Terminus

    rms Guest

    Try www.silenx.com and www.bgmicro.com which has different (and cheap)
    Panaflo models. Perhaps your present fan is the H1A highspeed model? Look
    for the M1A medium or L1A low-speed models.

    rms

    rms, Jan 14, 2005