  1. DirtDobber

    DirtDobber Guest

    If so, what is your opinion of technical support and Metrowerks tool set.

    DirtDobber, Sep 6, 2005

  2. DirtDobber

    MetalHead Guest

    I am using the 56F807 for a motor control system I am designing as a
    home project. I have not tried the technical support, I figured out what
    I needed from the documentation. The documentation is OK to pretty good.
    There have been a couple of errors in the documnetation that caused some
    real head scratching, but I was able to get it sorted out. I did not use
    the canned "bean" functions for dealing with the peripheral hardware
    set, I wrote all my own peripheral handling code and the documentation
    has supported doing this without much pain.

    The Metroworks tool set has been decent. I am not especially fond of
    IDE's but I can work with it. The compiler/linker has not had any bugs
    that I have found. The debugger has worked pretty well.

    The peripheral set on the '807 is excellent for closed loop motor
    control and the processor is fast enough to not have to be too frugal in
    the coding.

    Good Luck,
    Bob

    MetalHead, Sep 7, 2005